Online Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma
Become a qualified aromatherapist
Online Aromatherapy theory course
Start your journey into aromatherapy today
As an IFPA accredited school, we’re proud to play a part in improving the standards of education and practice in aromatherapy. We wholeheartedly in the principles and philosophies of holistic health, and the promotion of well-being for the individual.
Our online course is an aromatherapy theory-only programme and is ideal for those with an existing massage qualification, or anyone looking to kickstart their aromatherapy career or business.
We also run a series of in-person massage training courses delivered by our experienced aromatherapists. To attend this course, you must have or obtain a level 3 Anatomy and Physiology qualification before enrolling as you will need to understand the effects of essential oils on the body systems to be able to mix and blend safely and effectively.
Interesting in learning new skills? We're also developing a series of new courses that can further expand your skills in aromatherapy and holistic wellbeing. If you'd like to find out more, please contact us.
Why take this course?
Learn in your own space, at your own pace
We know everyone has busy lives, that shouldn't stop you achieving your dreams. You can choose to enrol onto each module individually, giving you the flexibility to study at your own pace, or you can enrol to all four at once.
Support from highly experienced aromatherapists
For over 13 years, our team of professional aromatherapists have been teaching others across the globe. Beyond this, they've spent many years devoted to their passion and love for aromatherapy, so you can trust you will be in the best hands.
Become a qualified professional
As an internationally recognised qualification, completing this diploma will give you both the skills and confidence to offer aromatherapy advice and blend aromatherapy products for clients under consultation. You will also be eligible to join the IFPA as a full member, without massage.
Discounts and free high quality products
By choosing to study with us, we will provide you with £600 of organic essential oils and products that you will need to complete the course.
The Online Theory Course
- Whole host of downloadable materials and resources
- Over £600.00 worth of organic essential oils and related products
- 24/7 access to the course
- 4 modules and each module needs to be completed before moving on to the next
- Online assessments, assignments and essays and regular zoom teaching and support
- Access to an online tutor
- IFPA student membership from module 2
- Labaroma student membership from module 2
- Student discount on The Aromatherapy Company products.
- The Aromatherapy Professional Diploma Course is taught to IFPA standards.
- The history and philosophy of Aromatherapy and botanicals.
- The study of over 60 individual essential oils.
- Methods of production; the necessity for quality in essential oils, carriers & hydrolats.
- In depth study of carrier oils , macerated oils and hydrolats.
- Safe use, administration & blending of essential oils.
- Aroma-chemistry, the components of essential oils and their synergy.
- The benefits & therapeutic properties of essential oils for the mind body and spirit.
- The philosophy of holistic treatments & complementary therapy.
- Client care - confidentiality, communicating effectively appropriately and client record taking.
- Professional conduct, health & safety in the workplace.
- Research skills and professional self development.
- Pregnancy guidelines with aromatherapy.
- Cancer guidelines and theory and treatment options.
- Fundamental business.
- Care of the therapist.
As a highly respected IFPA principal tutor and examiner not just in the UK, but also in Europe, Japan, and Taiwan, Louise's passion for holistic therapies and ethical beauty is the very reason we exist today. For decades she has been evolving our product range, creating bespoke training programmes and consulting reputable brands on the power of organic skincare and aromatherapy.
With several decades of experience in both the UK and Japanese beauty and wellness industries, we're proud to have Keiko in The Aromatherapy Company family. Dedicated to sharing her knowledge and experience, she is one of our best IFPA-certified Clinical Aromatherapists and massage tutors for our customers in the UK and overseas.